My name is Jan Krňávek and I have been working in the IT industry for over 20 years.
I design and develop advanced webpage and intranet applications written in Python and the Django framework.
I create customer software, from its design through development to final deployment at the customer’s place, including training.
I have a technical and economic university degree, so I can look at your problem from both a business and technical point of view.
In my work, I like to use the principles of minimalism.
I speak Czech and English.
Currently, I am located in the city of Brno, in the Czech Republic.
My software developer skills
- Python 2, 3
- Django CMS
- Django Rest Framework
- Html5, CSS, Bootstrap 3 /4
- Jupyter Notebook
- Pandas, Numpy, Tensorflow, Keras, Scikit-learn, NLTK
- Git, Docker
- Atlassian Jira
- Atlassian Confluence
- Framework Android, Java, Kotlin
My sysadmin skills
I have long term experience with these services.
- OS Windows server 2008, 2012, 2016
- OS Linux Redhat, Centos, Debian, Ubuntu
- design middle size network using mostly Mikrotik or Cisco products
- Apache (with PHP, mod_wsgi, HTTPS, etc.)
- Nginx (with PHP, uWSGI, HTTPS, HTTP2, etc.)
- Postgresql, Mysql, Redis
- Kvm and libvirt, Xen, Vmware
- DNS, FTP, FTPs
Trainings and certifications
System and network administrator
- Basics of Linux administration
- Linux advanced administration
- BGP routing
- OS Redhat Cluster Suite
- Administration of Apache Tomcat
- IPv6 networking
- KVM virtualization
- Postfix and DNS administration
- Udacity AWS Cloud Architect Nanodegree
- Introduction into Python
- Advanced programing in Python
- Designing RESTful API
- Programming with Django
- Udacity Android Developer Nanodegree
- Udacity Developing Android Apps with Kotlin
Machine learning and data science
- Datacamp Data science basics (Pandas, Numpy, Scikit-learn, Jupyter, data cleaning / preparation / selection)
- Datacamp Machine learning with Python
- Udacity Fintech Machine learning
- Udacity Intro to TensorFlow for Deep Learning
- Udacity Data Analyst Nanodegree
- Introduction into Photoshop
- Digital marketing basics (SEO, PPC)
- Atlassian Jira administration
- Atlassian Confluence administration
I can work for you as a contractor or freelancer.
I prefer a remote project-based job (telecommute) as a contractor or freelancer.
For my work, I like using Skype, Zoom, phone calls, git, issue trackers, etc. Atlassian Jira, Confluence.
I’m willing to occasionally go to an employer’s location if that’s what they need.
Please contact me at hanz.krnavek AT gmail.com.
More about me can be found on my next webpage: